for the hopefully more uplifting musing of KB9RQZ please visithttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

other blog that exist to some specail topics are
Hf and the Kosher ham the techical blog the repeater project
VHF stuff and general stuff I may be working on

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

an interesting post on 275 form the zed

post 252

I comend you this repsonse I would add to it if I could that the USA hams need to demonstrate by staying within that it is indeed karol breaking the rules at all

I have (I believ) heard VE7KFM make objectionable statement but the context has always been in response to the intense qrm and harrassment and thus I would be unwilling to even try to enforce against him (where I am the guy to enforce)

I have Heard with my own station heard, K3VR, qrm me and VE7KFM along with other stations. I know K3cr cam up on top of VE7KFM and crow K3VR hardly bothers to deny it claiming he is allowed by some secert ruling from the FCC


post 252
I am on this side of the border. The correct way to handle karol is to let IC handle Karol. Meanwhile, we have to follow all the rules. We can't break the rules because we feel that Karol is breaking the rules. Two wrongs do not make a right. And, if we disagree politically with Karol, we should engage him, but we should do so within the rules.

Brian seems to be saying that in the case of Karol, it is perfectly all right to break the rules. I disagree. I think we could get more action out of IC if we demonstrate to IC that American Amateur Radio operators play by the rules -- and that Karol does not. If we don't, they will regard it as a bunch of American Amateur radio operators picking on a Canadian Amateur radio operator. Why do you think they haven't done anything about him yet...

In other words, we have to demonstrate to IC that we really are better.

k3tp

No comments: