for the hopefully more uplifting musing of KB9RQZ please visithttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

other blog that exist to some specail topics are
Hf and the Kosher ham the techical blog the repeater project
VHF stuff and general stuff I may be working on

Friday, May 30, 2008

another one

Guys,

I am the person who made the request of Mark, and I am appreciative of his
efforts.

My objective is simple. Mike, AL2N's call has now been wrongly associated
with requesting postings of anime cartoons of adolescents depicted in acts
of a sexual nature. My personal opinion of such cartoons is irrelevant. In
my opinion, if it cannot be accepted that N9OGL was simply a callsign that
was included in a common database purge (all with 0 posts in the 30 day
period preceding the purge were de-activated), then by all means bash the
Island, it's owner, and myself included. But have the decency to do so in a
truthful manner. Associating Mike's call with the current crop of postings
as described above is misleading and deceitful.

The removal of posts made by N9OGL is a separate matter, and was the result
of another moderator's own actions. Todd's call was briefly put on the
banned list by this same moderator. It was Mike himself that removed N9OGL
from the banned list (as it remains now), and Mike who chided the deleting
of posts and banning as the wrong action to take.

I choose to take no sides in issues such as these, and my involvement is to
simply stop the wrongful prosecution of a fellow ham. In light of the
information I've provided, I don't believe my request is out of line. I
also believe both Mark and Karol will confirm that what I state is true, in
that I don't take sides in these issues, and that I'm a straight shooter. I
seem to frequently suffer for these bouts of honesty, and I hope that I'll
not regret this attempt.

I've never understood the need for confrontation among hams. What Todd
posts on his site is his business, although I may find it offensive, my
opinion isn't relevant, therefore the matter doesn't concern me. The same
applies to Karol, and his activities (alleged ... I've only heard Karol
once, as I seldom operate 20m ssb, and the QSO he was engaged in was quite
civil). They don't cause me any harm or any grief, so I say WTF? I guess
some hams lead pitifully sheltered lives and feel that they must impose
their will and values upon others. I am not such a person.

Todd, please consider how unfair the current attack on al2n is, and act in a
manner you see fit. I wouldn't disagree with criticism on how your
membership on the Island was bungled, but I cannot see justification for the
current approach you have taken.

When Karol was banned there (in spite of disagreement from AL2I and myself),
and Karol posted his opinion of the matter on his website, not one word of
disagreement was uttered by myself. Each man is entitled to his own
opinion, where justified, irregardless of my being in agreement.

I respect each man's right to do as he wishes, as long as it causes no harm
to others. In this instance, I do not believe the above can be truthfully
applied. This is causing harm to a man who does not deserve such.

I appreciate you guys suffering through the lengthy email, and I wish you
all the best.

Respectfully,
Luke - ad4mg

No comments: