for the hopefully more uplifting musing of KB9RQZ please visithttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

other blog that exist to some specail topics are
Hf and the Kosher ham the techical blog the repeater project
VHF stuff and general stuff I may be working on

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

was talking with the tech support at hughes.net and the guy on the other said hell I wish I could measure your tranmiter out put.

as it happens the uplink in in 23 cm band and therefore is a freq at which one of my SWR meters works so I interfaced gave him a reading on the output and it is not good I was able to adjust the gain on the unit but even at max it still aint what it should be, although it should allow me to surf most of the time till the new unit arived

the tech support guy was a bit shocked having never encountered is subcriber that could test the output of th e system (other than one of their installers havig to going thech support process to get paid for the repair of his own unit

he also suggested I might look at a job with hughes net since folks are thin on the ground in my area I will look into it

No comments: